Monday 5 March 2007

Chambers Gorge, waterhole

Click and steal a 642k Snapshot

This is another snapshot from deep in Chambers Gorge. I have to admit to being a little disappointed when Malcolm and I found the water hole, as it was just basically lower area of the creek bed without any vegetation growing around it; well other than the tree growing out of the side of the rock as you see in this image. The eucalyptus tree is certainly a very tough one!

The waterhole wasn't all that big although there seemed plenty of depth to it, which I couldn't see because the breeze was coming down the gorge constantly in this area and rippling the water. I would have loved to have been able to take a photo of reflections in the water but knowing that we had to head back from where we had come, which was quite a distance and the time waiting for the water to level out wasn't available.

There is photos to come from this area so watch out for them.

If you haven't done so, check out the oil painting that I am working on at my Arts & Stuff blog. It is a work in progress (WIP) and by clicking here you will see my last post. There has been more work done on that painting yesterday and when I am finished today there will be another update.

Quick links:


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: