Saturday 14 July 2007

Three Emus

EmuClick for 634kb image

Wanting to add more wildlife to this blog had me scanning my computer with thousands of photos to browse.

This image isn't clear because the emus were off in the distance but the three grouped together did catch my attention when viewing the photo. Cropping and playing around with the image has improved it although lacking some detail.

From an artist perspective if I was drawing or painting these birds I would want as many images as possible to come up with a good composition that shows off the emus personality. For this reason I considered it worth while posting the image on SnapShots so that eventually a collection of emu images are available to artists who visit this blog.

There is some information about these ground birds at this website. The snapshot that you do see in this post was taken at Wilpena Pound in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia at a time I was artist in residence. This residency position takes place each year and more information can be found here.


Quick links:


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: