Sunday 22 July 2007

Wilpena Pound

Wilpena PoundClick for 628kb image

Wilpena Pound is one of my favourite haunts for bush walking. In this image is the Wilpena Pound wall in the background with some of the outer rolling land formations that are much easier to climb. There are many walking trails which climb Wilpena Pound and some are so hard that I don't think I will ever attempt them. Don't think I would have when I was young either because I am not all that partial to heights.eek

The walking trail that my husband and I had taken is the one from the Wilpena Resort and Caravan Park to St Mary's Peak. We knew we would not make it all the way to St Mary's Peak due to time constraint because I was rostered on to work later that same day.

If you are ever walking in this area make sure you stay on the marked trails because it would be very easy to become disorientated with directions back to the Caravan Park. Also make sure you are well prepare for these walks with plenty of water and also take notice of the warnings that the staff provide at Wilpena Pound as they are there for your own safety.


Quick links:


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: